- This product is a new line of Makhana that is seasoned with Himalayan salt. They are light and crunchy and have a natural, slightly sweet flavour.
- These are a great source of protein and fibre and are an excellent alternative to nuts or chips. They are a healthy snack and are gluten-free.
- It is low in fat and high in carbohydrates which makes it nutritionally distinct from other nuts.
- Highly rich in protein, carbohydrates, fiber, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, iron, and zinc.
- It is better than dry fruits like almonds, walnuts, coconut, and cashews in terms of sugar, protein, ascorbic acid, and phenol content.
- It is significantly lower in glycemic index than most high carbohydrate foods like rice or bread.
A balanced intake of Makhana:
- Reduces the risk of heart disease
- Has anti-aging properties (an anti-aging enzyme)
- Decreases risk of arthritis
- Reduces the risk of diabetes and obesity
- Has a low glycemic index
- Prevents and/or provides relief from diarrhea
- Reduces blood sugar levels